Saturday, November 22, 2008

2nd Biggest Loser, but still a winner...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

OK So it's been a couple weeks. eh 3 maybe. anyway... here are the last 3 weeks summed up, up to and including today. 2 weeks ago I had a 0 gain / loss, something came up in my family and I decided food was a great soother of the pain... Still eating from family issues the following and final week of the challenge, when I should have been my best, I actually gained a pound and came in 2nd in the whole challenge. I placed 2nd to my stepdad who beat me by 1/10th of a percentage point. To be fair to everyone they used % of total weight lost. I still took home $105 which I was happy about and I got it the day before my Bday, very cool! Here's where the real winner came in... This Loser lost a total of 50.3 pounds, 10.864 % of my total body weight, and 19.75 inches off of my body. That was the end of the PYC Weight Loss Challenge '08.

However, Noreen my coach during the challenge has stayed on as my coach and has made a personal project out of me.

Todays weigh in was amazing, joy and a few tears shed... I got on two scales as I've done every saturday since I started. 400 + is too much for most any scale. I haven't weighed in in at least 3 years before this challenge. So imagine my surprise to learn I was 37 pounds away from 500. HOLY SHIT, out of control. So here I am a week after the challenge ended, and I had a surprise for everyone. I got on both scales and one read 200 the other 202, add em up folks, that's 402 pounds. A. that's 61 pounds from the start, that's 13% of my total starting body weight and as I found out because I tried it the day before... It's enough to be weighed on 1 SCALE!!!!!

Their was a huge parade in town today in our Wind chill factor / feels like 9 degrees town of Plymouth, America's home town, where Thanksgiving started man... I missed it, too damn cold and had to babysit my son who wll be 3 tomorrow YEAH Logan... Anyway point is, there's no parking in Plymouth, so my mom showed up at Plymouth Yacht Club, where she is a member with Martin my Stepdad who brought me into this program. She heard what happened and started crying for her little (ha) boy getting healthier (finally). I happened to glance over at Noreen (my amazing coach), and she'd welled up so this is actually touching people.

When I had weighed myself @ home the day before and the scale went from ERR to showing a number, I cried a bit. I sent out a text to everyone and got some great support comments back from brother and sister.

My brother called me his hero, and my sis high fived her Hubs, for my joy and Mandie, one of my daughters thought it was awesome.

My next big goal is 100 lost which I'm now only 40 pounds away from which I find unbelievable. When I do that I end up on the Weight Loss Challenge website 100 pound club WLC 100 Club.
Stick with me and see how it goes...

Dean

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work!